EGC4 Quiz 2 (Unit 3-4) -T48
0 of 7 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 7 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
I. Vocabulary – Adverb
Complete the sentences with the adverb form of the adjective provided.
passionate careful bad fluent brave loud
- She loved him passionately but he didn’t love her at all.
- The flight attendants spoke in French and English.
- The doctor examined his patient .
- The footballer fell and injured himself.
- The cabin crew got all the passengers out of the burning plane before leaving themselves.
- The crowd at the finishing line shouted at the end of the race.
I. Vocabulary – Food Quantity
Drag the phrases and drop it in the correct box.
EX: A slice of ham
- chewing gum
A loaf of
A liter of
A kilo of
A can of
A carton of
A piece of
A pair of
A packet of
II. Everyday English
Complete the conversations. Write a-h in the box.
a. Did you make it yourself? e. Is that OK? b. I found the recipe online. f. Just the bread c. How would you like your tea? g. Is there any in the bottle? d. Do you want the butter too? h. Would anyone like some more dessert?
A Please help yourself to some carrot cake.
B I will. It looks absolutely delicious. a
A I did.
B Have you got any decaf?
A No, sorry, but we’ve got decaf coffee.
B No thanks, but I’d love a little more wine.
A There’s a bit. Please finish it!
A Could you pass the bread, please?
B Yes, of course.
A No, thanks.
III. Grammar – Past Simple and Past Continuous
Choose the correct option from each pair. Write your answer in the box.
A thief (1) stole (stole /was stealing) a $200,000 Pablo Picasso picture from a San Francisco gallery yesterday. Then he (2) (got / was getting) into a taxi and he (3) (disappeared / was disappearing). The man, who (4) (was / was being) well-dressed and (5) (had / was having) sunglasses on, (6) (took / was taking) the picture without anyone noticing, the San Francisco Chronicle (7) (reported / was reporting). It was the weekend and there were lots of people in the gallery. Some (8) (looked / were looking) at the paintings, and some (9) (talked / were talking) on their mobiles. But can it really be true that nobody (10) (looked / was looking) when the thief (11) (took / was taking) the picture? It seems incredible, but the cameras in the gallery (12) (recorded / were recording) all day, and did not show a thing!
III. Grammar – Article
Write a, an, the, or 0 (nothing).
Note: 0 is zero.
- I’m going to have two desserts – a fruit salad and slice of carrot cake.
- Did you know that there’s restaurant near here where the waiters sing while you eat?
- You can get best cookies in Manhattan here!
- A: ‘Can I have glass of water, please?’ B: ‘Of Would you like still or sparkling?’
- What time are we having lunch? I’m hungry.
- They stayed in old village during the mission.
- I usually go food shopping once week.
III. Grammar – Expression of Quantity
Choose the correct option. Write your answer in the box.
Much / Many
1 How many potatoes do we need?
some / any
1. Can I have milk?
2. There isn’t pasta in the cupboard.
3. Have you got cheese?
A few / A little / a lot of
4. There are tomatoes in the garden.
5. There are people waiting on the platform – the train is going to be full!
6. She likes milk in her coffee, but not much.
Many / Much
7. How water do you drink every day?
8. How eggs do you need?
Listen and choose the correct answer. Write a or b in the box.
1 What are Jack and Will celebrating?
a Jack’s father got better after being unwell.
b Jack’s changing jobs.
2 What does the woman buy in the shop?
a A pair of size 7 shoes.
b She buys a pair of pink trainers.
3 Which of the following things does the guest NOT eat or drink?
a Prawns because he’s allergic.
b Mineral water if it’s cold.
4 Which news does the newsreader mention?
a A Swiss company has stopped selling its new cancer drug.
b Thieves stole three paintings from a local gallery.
5 Where does Chris want to go?
a Into town.
b To the airport.