Quiz : Writing Skill : Writing a summary Copy
0 of 1 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Use your understanding to fill in the blanks.
Before you write a summary
1. Read the entire text and ask yourself what the author’s is.
2. Reread the introductory paragraph(s) and find the .
3. Reread the rest of the text. In each paragraph, highlight, underline, or circle the and . You can also annotate the important information.
When you write a summary
1. Begin by stating the of the text, the (if it’s given), and his or her for writing.
2. Use the text you highlighted or annotated to explain the author’s and .
3. Follow these guidelines.
• Keep the summary short (about one-third to one-fourth as long as
• Include only the original text’s main ideas. Do not include details,
examples, information that is not in the original, or your own opinion.
• Write the summary mostly in your own words, but do not change the
author’s ideas. This is called .