Quiz: Writing an explanatory paragraph
0 of 1 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
An explanatory paragraph defines and explains a term or concept. Use an explanatory paragraph when you want to explain a term or concept that your reader might not know. Use these guidelines to make your explanatory paragraph clear to your reader.
Put these guidelines in correct orders.
• Make sure the definition is clear. Use a dictionary or online sources.
• Explain what the term or concept is not.
• Then write about the term or concept using explanations and examples.
• First, write a topic sentence that states and defines the term or concept.
• Explain how the term or concept is different from similar terms.