Welcome to GGEP3 – Final Exam!
You have 90 minutes to complete the test. Click “Start Quiz” to begin.
0 of 6 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
SECTION1: Sentence Completion.
Choose the words below to fill in the blanks. There are more words provided.
WRITE a, b, c, d… AS YOUR ANSWERS.
Example: 0. The math problem is really difficult. Please, help me a it.
1. Teaching is a good . You can earn enough money and gain respect from people.
2. is a hard job because you need to be smart and creative to make people want to
buy your product.
3. I made a few in my exam. I lost two or three points in the first section.
4. I lost my way to home last night. Luckily, I ran into a police, and he gave my direction to home.
5. Angkor Wat is famous all around the world because it is an temple.
6. Charles was very in writing. He was able to complete many stories before his
7. I can’t how life would be like if there weren’t any technology. I can’t picture it.
8. Give me your opinion: is this joke funny?
9. We the new year with special food and firework.
10. My husband works for an bank here in London.
Complete the sentences with the correct suffixes –ful or –ing.
Example: 0. Reading instruction is really useful (use) when taking an exam.
1. If you go to Peru, you should visit Machu Pichu. The old stone buildings are
2. Until about 1920, the Galapagos Islands were very (peace). Only animals
lived there, no people.
3. Smoking is both (harm) to you and the other.
4. Studying grammar is (bore). Everyone fell asleep.
5. Did you enjoy your volunteer tour? I want to take one next year. I heard it’s a very (interest) experience.
6. Isn’t the meal (delight)?
7. The Great Wall of China is in danger because of the (rise) number of tourists.
8. Sometimes tourist can be (help) to the place they visit. They create jobs for local people.
9. Isn’t it (wonder) that we can now travel to other countries without passport.
10.This is the first time I see the person I love in wedding dress. She looks so (charm) tonight.
Choose one correct answer that is appropriate for the sentence provided. Write a,b,c or d as your answer.
It’s polite c business cards carefully in Japan.
a. read. b. reading c. to read d. readed
1. It is to eat breakfast every day.
a. importance b. significance c. important
2. I to visit Angkor Wat temple last year.
a. went b. gone. c. been
3. He should to the doctor.
a. goes b. go c. going
4. Anna is the most girl in my class.
a. interesting. b. interest c. interested
5. I can’t go to school I am sick.
a. ,because b. because, c. ,because, d. because
6. I the leftover foods from the fridge last night.
a. ate b. eat c. eaten d. eated
7. It is to bring your own plastic bags to the mall.
a. helpful b. helping c. helped d. helpfulness
8. He was curious to the ending episode of the series.
a. see b. sees c. saw d. seen
9. You feed the animals. It might kill the animals.
a. should b. must c. shouldn’t d. would
10. It is to laugh when the others laugh.
a. nature b. natural c. naturality d. formality
11. He give six or eight flowers in Russia.
a. not should b. should not c. should have d. shouldnt
12. It’s to wear a white wedding dress.
a. commoning b. not commoning c. ruded d. not ok
13. No, I with a degree, but I am certified.
a. didn’t graduated b.didn’t graduate c. didn’t graduating d. did not graduated
14. My cousin to visit them next month.
a. is go b. is to go c. go d. is going
15. I on your résumé that you worked as a mechanic last week.
a. seen b. see c. saw d. is seeing
Rewrite these sentences correctly.
Tommy doesn’t like school, because the other children tease him. > Tommy doesn’t like school because the other children tease him.
1. Because, Michael needs to earn money he works hard.
2.Because Jennifer likes chocolate she eats it every day.
3. All of the employees will have a party because, it is the boss’ birthday.
4. Bob should to go on a vacation because he hard too hard.
5.She was washing her clothes, when my sister arrived.
Read the passage below and answer the questions. Write a, b, c, or d as your answers.
Tourism in France
Tourists have different reasons for choosing a country for a vacation. Some tourists want to relax. They may go to a beautiful beach. Some tourists want to experience nature. They may go hiking in the mountains. Other tourists want to see a historic site, like the Great Wall of China. Finally, some tourists want entertainment. They go to theme parks, like Disneyland, or to a city with live theater, like London.
France has all of these. It has beautiful beaches in the south along the Mediterranean Sea. It has places to ski and hike in the Alps Mountains. It has many historic sites to visit, like the beautiful old city of Carcassonne, which has high stone walls around it. Because French food is famous everywhere, some people come to France just to eat!
And of course, Paris is the capital of France. Paris has two extremely famous monuments that tourists love. The first is Notre Dame of Paris, a beautiful church in the center of the city. About 12 million tourists visit Notre Dame each year. Paris also has the Eiffel Tower. At the top of the tower, you have an amazing view of Paris. The city also has the Louvre Museum. It was an old place, a building for the French kings. It receives the most visitors of any museum in the world.
Near Paris, there are other popular places for tourists. Over 10 million people visit Paris Disneyland each year. Others go to Versailles, the huge palace where a famous king lived.
Because France offers so much, it is usually the number one country in the world for tourists. In one year, more than 74 million people visit France. That’s because France has everything that tourists want.
1. What is the main idea of this article?
a. Millions of people visit France b. France is very popular with tourists
c. Paris has many buildings d.Tourists like to visit foreign countries
2. What is the main idea of the first paragraph?
a. Tourists love visiting China. b. Different tourists want different things.
c. France is popular with tourists. d. All tourists like to do the same things.
3. What is Carcassonne?
a. A building in Paris b. A church in France
c. A famous museum d. An old city in France
4. How many visitors go to Paris Disneyland per year?
a. 74 million b. 12 million
c. 10 million d. 2 million
5. About how many people visit Notre Dame of Paris each year?
a. 74 million b. 12 million
c. 10 million c. 2 million
6. What does the article mention?
a. bridges, beaches, and palaces b. beaches, museums, and parks
c. churches, beaches, and mountains d. mountains, beaches, and bridges
7. Where can you hike and ski?
a. in Paris b. in the south
c. in Carcassonne d. in the Alps
8. What museum is the most visited in the world?
a. Versailles b. Notre Dame
c. The Louvre d. Carcassonne
9. Which sentence is true?
a. Versailles is not in Paris. b. Carcassonne is a modern city.
c. The Eiffel Tour is not popular. d. There are beaches in the east.
10. What are the two wonderful monuments?
a. The Eiffel Tower and Versailles b. Carcassonne and Notre Dame
c. Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower d. The Louvre and Versailles
Listen and fill in the gaps. You should listen to it TWICE. Write no more than three words.
Good afternoon, class. Our topic today is (1) advertising—how companies sell products in different countries. I’ll talk about the (2) of advertising in different cultures. These days, many companies are international. Most large companies sell their products around the world, and many small companies sell their products on (3). But companies can have problems when they advertise products in other countries. Sometimes the problem is a language (4). A product name or an advertisement can have a funny or strange meaning in another language. For example, a few years ago, a large international computer company named its new product Vista. Later, the company learned that the word “vista” means (5) in some eastern European languages. The company didn’t change the name of its product. But the example shows that it’s important to think about language in international advertising. Another problem is color. Colors have different meanings in different (6). For example, the color red means good luck in many countries, so it’s usually good to use red in advertisements. The color blue usually has a (7) meaning also. But white means death in some parts of Asia, and black means death in North America. As you can see, it’s important for companies to know the meaning of colors in the country where they are selling their (8). International customs are another difficulty in advertising. As you know, different cultures sometimes have very different ideas about things. Companies should learn the (9) of the countries where they sell their products. Then they can avoid mistakes like this one by an international telephone company. The company made a TV advertisement for the Middle East. It showed a businessman talking on the phone with his feet up on his desk. The problem was, in the Middle East, it’s not polite to show the (10) of your shoes. The company lost a lot of money and had to make a new advertisement.