Welcome to GGEP1 – Final Exam!
You have 90 minutes to complete the test. Click “Start Quiz” to begin.
0 of 6 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
Read each sentence. Which sentence has a similar meaning? Choose a or b as your answer.
We enjoy concerts. Answer: a
a. We like to listen to music.
b. We like to talk to new people.
1. I hate crowded places.
a. I don’t like to be around a lot of people.
b. I don’t like to be alone.
2. Jenna is taking a sculpture class.
a. Jenna is taking an exercise class.
b. Jenna is taking an art class.
3. There is a nice hiking path over there.
a. You can walk outside on it.
b. You can get information about the park.
4. I like modern buildings.
a. I like old buildings.
b. I like new buildings.
5. Jennie enjoys doing gymnastics.
a. Jennie loves watching the sport.
b. Jennie loves playing the sport.
Complete each sentence with the correct word from the word bank. Write FULL WORD as your answers.
- Do you know what my favorite sport is? Try to it!
- Teachers should their students and help them learn.
- What kind of do you enjoy attending?
- I love to be out in . I go to the park every weekend.
- Did you Sergio to come to dinner at our house?
- I like to go . There are so many interesting buildings in the city.
- My brother does not keep his room clean. It is always .
- I like books that are funny. I don’t read books that are very .
- Clothes are important to me. I try to be .
- Sula is kind to everyone because she has a very nice .
- My teacher asked us to a friend. We had to tell about our friend.
- Sandra is not very short or very tall. Her height is .
Complete the sentences. Write a or b as your answer.
Jack often goes to concerts. I see b in the park sometimes.
1. Tina likes watching movies. and Greg go to the movies a lot.
2. My father is very intelligent. helps me with my homework a lot.
3. My mother a good cook.
4. They to eat in the cafeteria.
a. doesn’t like
b. don’t like
5. prepares breakfast for his whole family.
b. Sam’s sisters
6. My like to celebrate the New Year together.
7. Linda wants weight.
a. to lose
8. Do you enjoy ?
a. to cook
9. I can’t stand dishes.
a. to wash
10. Carlos needs more vegetables.
a. to buy
11. I avoid soda.
a. to drink
In each sentence, there is a mistake related to the grammar in all units. Find the mistake and rewrite the sentence in the correction form.
Example: My friends supports the school sports teams. > My friends support the school sports teams.
- She aren’t from Portugal.
- What am his interests?
- My brother and I watches every basketball game.
- Sometimes Sara try cooking international meals.
- Adam and Sam are going to Mexico. He wants me to come too.
- Mary’s favorite subject is math. Her want to study it in college.
- She’s a very good teacher. We learn a lot from him.
- Sara eates lunch at school.
- our school week starts on monday and ends on friday.
- jasmin works at aeon mall.
We often hear about how bad city life is. There’s too much traffic, it’s too crowded, and there’s nowhere to relax. People only live in the city because of the jobs, we hear. But is this really true? Many people who work from home live in the city. Why don’t they move out? Maybe life in the city isn’t so bad after all.
Of course, for children the open spaces in the country are wonderful. But cities have parks that are often more fun, because they have playgrounds and grass to run on. Also, when children become teenagers, they often get bored in the country. The city has all the places teenagers like to go to: the movie theater, Internet cafés, video game arcades and so on. It has places to do sports, such as swimming pools and leisure centers. Their favorite bands and singers come to the city to give concerts, not the country.
For adults, too, cities can offer a lot. If you like modern art or sculpture, you’ll find plenty of art galleries that have exhibitions to go to. All the places that tourists go to in a city as part of a sightseeing tour are also fun to go to for people that live in the city. Special events like the Olympics or the World Cup almost always take place in cities, instead of in towns or the countryside. And when you want to buy something big like a computer or a TV, the city is the place with the greatest variety to choose from.
So has the countryside anything to offer us? Of course it has. It’s important for everyone to venture into the big outdoors now and then, and to have contact with real nature. Parks and zoos are nice, but they’re nothing next to the real thing. Also, we sometimes need to get away from the noise of the city – which never stops, night or day – and find somewhere with a bit of silence. For someone who lives in the city, that can be extremely relaxing.
Choose the best answer.
1. What makes a park better than the country?
a. It’s closer.
b. There are more activities.
c. You find real nature there.
d. You aren’t in danger.
2. What problem might teenagers in the countryside face?
a. They might not have a job.
b. They might not be fit.
c. They might not hear any music.
d. They might get bored.
3. Which of these is not mentioned as something an adult can do in the city?
a. watch sports
b. see some paintings
c. visit one of the sights
d. go to a musical event
4. How often should people visit the countryside?
a. They should never go there.
b. They should live there in their old age.
c. They should only go there when they have kids.
d. They should take short trips there regularly.
The reading passage has four sections I–IV. Choose the most suitable heading for each section II–IV from the list below. Write the appropriate letter (a – g) for each section.
Example Section I Heading: c
a. Keeping Adults Amused
b. Peace and Quiet
c. Not so Bad?
d. The Natural Future
e. Outdoor Children
f. Great for the Kids
g. Parents’ Choices
5. Section II Heading:
6. Section III Heading:
7. Section IV Heading:
Complete the notes below. Use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS from the reading passage for each answer.
8. The country is good for children because of it has.
9. The that teenagers like play concerts in cities.
10. Cities are where the Olympics or happen.
In this section, you will hear a dialogue. You will hear the dialogue twice. Choose the best answer. Write a, b, or c as your answers.
1. Where are the two speakers?
a. in the country
b. in the city
c. at school
2. Jennifer likes to live .
a. in the country
b. in the city
c. in the suburbs
3. Who wants to move to the country?
4. Mark really enjoys .
a. the outdoors
5. What does Jennifer like?
6. What is one problem with parks in the city?
a. They cost money.
b. They’re too crowded.
c. They’re noisy and dirty.