EGC7 – Quiz 1 (Unit 1-2)_T51
You have 80 minutes to complete this quiz. Read the instructions carefully.
0 of 7 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 7 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
I. Question forms: Choose the question that matches the answer.
- He’s in his forties. c
a Where is Mark?
b How tall is Mark?
c How old is Mark?
- It’s about 82 square meters.
a How big is your flat?
b What’s your flat like?
c How far is the centre from your flat?
- Quite casual – she doesn’t like formal clothes.
a What does Ann wear?
b What kind of clothes does Ann wear?
c What does Ann look like?
- He’s a bit like his father – sociable and good fun.
a What’s Nick like?
b What does Nick look like?
c What does Nick like doing?
- We’re fine, thanks.
a What are you like?
b Are you fine?
c How are you?
- Grey-ish blue, just like me.
a What does your mother look like?
b What kind of clothes does your mother wear?
c What colour eyes has your mother got?
- I like playing tennis and football.
a What do you do?
b What do you look like?
c What do you like doing?
- About two meters.
a How much do you weigh?
b How tall are you?
c What’s your size?
- It’s in the centre of town.
a Which part of town is your school in?
b How far is your school from here?
c What is your school like?
- I’d like some brown bread, please.
a Do you like brown bread?
b What sort of bread would you like?
c What’s this bread like?
a What is this car like?
b Where is this car from?
c What is this car made of?
- He’s in his forties. c
II. Is or Has: Complete the sentences with is or has.
- Lily is in the garden.
- Harry gone to work.
- London in the south of England.
- Paris got a good metro system.
- It been seven months since I last saw her.
- Joanne coming to see us.
- The waiter paid at the end of each day.
- My brother 18 this Friday.
- My aunt got a cold.
- She had a lot of time to revise for the exam.
- My husband from Nigeria.
III. Verb forms: Choose the correct form of the verbs.
- __a__ the answer?
a. Do you know
b. Are you knowing
c. Have you know
- to him yet?
a. Did she write
b. Has she written
c. Has she been writing
- His family in Madrid for forty years.
c. is living
- How long for the train?
a. are you waiting
b. have you been waiting
c. have you waited
- I on Sunday.
a. ’m not working
b. won’t working
c. don’t be working
- Albert Einstein everywhere.
b. is remembered
c. is remembering
- He from Nariobi.
c. hasn’t been
- ‘Macbeth’ by Shakespeare.
a. has written
b. was written
- There was a competition but we .
a. aren’t winning
b. didn’t win
c. haven’t won
- your English teacher last year?
a. Was she
b. Has she been
c. Is she
- Where on holiday last summer?
a. did you go
b. were you going
c. have you gone
- __a__ the answer?
IV. Collocations: Match the words to make correct collocations. Then complete the sentences.
b. your life
c. a profit
- There’s often in the city centre. You should set off early to get to your meeting.
- The cat up a tree. We had to call a fire engine to rescue it.
- When do you think the company will ?
- Experiences can more than possessions.
- Our students reach a in both their academic work and their sporting activities.
- The storm brought heavy rain and to communities on the coast.
V. -ed or -ing: Complete the adjectives with -ed or -ing.
- I saw an interest ing programme on TV.
- Last weekend wasn’t very relax . I had to work a lot.
- I can’t sleep. I’m so excit about going to Disneyland!
- She’s quite relax . She doesn’t worry about things.
- My brother’s interest in space exploration.
- We’re feeling exhaust . The flight was tiring.
- Were you disappoint when you failed the exam?
- The film had amaz special effects. We really enjoyed it.
- The lesson was disappoint . We didn’t learn anything new.
- Are you surpris to see me here?
- I met a charm young man on the train.
VI. Personality adjectives: Complete each sentence with an adjective from the box. There are three adjectives you don’t need.
generous sociable optimistic moody untidy ambitious talkative lazy reserved
- Marcus is very sociable . He enjoys meeting new people and being in a group.
- I like Marcus too, but he’s so that it’s hard to have a proper conversation with him around.
- Amy’s quite . We’ve worked together for years, but I don’t know much about her.
- Have you noticed that Ellen can be a bit when she’s hungry? So don’t worry if she seems grumpy before lunch!
- Do you think you’re an person? For example, do you think people will resolve the problem of climate change?
- Sonja is very for her children. She wants them to achieve the best exam grades and go to university.
VII. Listening: Listen and write true (T) or false (F).
- Jan first moved to Oxford in 1999. __T_
- He returned to Slovakia a year later.
- He moved to Oxford again in 2004.
- Jan thinks the working situation is getting worse in Slovakia.
- He never visits the local sights anymore.
- He thinks summer weather in Britain is too hot.