EGC3-Quiz 2-Term 51
You have 90 minutes to complete this quiz. Click “Start Quiz” to begin.
0 of 7 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 7 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Section I: VOCABULARY
ADJECTIVES: Fill in each blank withe correct adjectives from the table. You are NOT going to use all of the words.
delicious sunny busy expensive relaxed beautiful peaceful frightened colourful old loud hot
- Indonesian food is delicious .
- It’s quiet and here.
- The crowd was very loud and little Amy was .
- It’s another warm and day here.
- The zoo is popular with tourists so it’s often .
- We saw many birds in Costa Rica.
- We stayed in a beautiful village.
- Don’t use that car. It’s too . We cannot afford it.
- My parents feel really after their spa.
WEATHER WORDS: Complete each blank with correct weather words. Write ONE letter for each blank.
- In summer, Bangkok is h o t and w .
- In March, British weather is often r and w .
- Let’s not go to the beach today. It isn’t s .
- It is very f . I can’t see the road.
- Is there going to be a lot of s tomorrow? I want to go skiing.
- It’s too w to wear a coat today. I’m just going to wear a jumper.
- It is very c in Helsinki—the temperature at 11a.m is -20 degree Celsius.
- It wasn’t a good day for taking photographs. The weather was c .
- Yesterday was warm. Today, it isn’t cold, but it’s quite c .
TRAVELING and WEATHER: Odd One Out: Find the different word from each category. Write the odd word in the box.
- Clothes: shoes / socks / heels / scarf scarf
- Weather: sunny/ cloudy / snow / foggy
- Weather: wet / warm / storm / dry
- Types of tickets: day return / season ticket / waiting room / travel card
- Places you wait for transport: railway station / bus stop / departure gate / platform
- Parts of a journey by plane: check-in / custom / security check / buffet car
TAKE or GET: Fill in the blanks with correct form of take or get.
- What time do you usually to work?
- Poor you! I hope you better soon.
- This traditional sight place every April 1st.
- The journey normally 2 hours.
- The children soon bored and started to play.
Section III: GRAMMAR
BE GOING TO & INFINITIVE OF PURPOSES: Write sentences with going to and the infinitive of purpose.
- Yusef / chemist’s / get some aspirin
Yusef ’s going to the chemist’s to get some aspirin.
2. Edgar and Eileen / go to Wales / climb Mount Snowdon
3. I / take / my guitar / play some songs
4. She / save money / go shopping in New York
5. We / visit Yellowstone Park / see a grizzly bear
6. Chun / buy a motorbike / ride through Mongolia
PRESENT PERFECT: Complete the sentences with the Present Perfect form of the verbs in brackets.
- I have just seen a fox in the (just/see)
- Congratulations! You first prize! (win)
- Fabio and Elana several marathon. (run)
- She her prize money to a local hospital.(give)
- Mathilda her dress for the party. (already/make)
- Brett his driving test. (just/fail)
- too much coffee? (dad/drink)
- I a famous Arctic explorer.(never/meet)
- Come back! You my coat! (take)
- goodbye to your parents? (you/ever/say)
- He has not . (yet/find/his passport)
Section IV: LISTENING
Listen to a conversation between two people, Angela Ramírez and Walter Schmidt. Write a or b in the box.
1.Walter and Angela .
a.met last year.
b.meet for the first time
2. Walter came to the airport .
3. The conference starts .
4. Angela says she is .
5. They go to the conference center by .
6. Before her trip, Angela had .
7. Angela’s bags .
a.are really heavy
8. Angela’s first visit to Camford .
a.was a year ago
9. Walter says that at the hotel Angela can .
a.go for a swim
b.use the gym
10. There is a tennis court .
a.at the hotel
b.near the conference centre